The South Stoke Business Network is a loose association of people who live in South Stoke and work from home. It includes employees of companies as well as sole traders. The common factor is that members spend a proportion of their time working from home.
Our aim in forming the business network is to help each other, to make it easier to work from home and to make our businesses more successful.
We support each other by:
- sharing experience and knowledge in managing the home office
- The best broadband speeds and service
- Local printing services
- IT support
- Sharing best practice in the governance of small businesses
- Contract terms
- Employment law
- Debt management
- Assisting and coaching each other in new business development
- Sales techniques
- Marketing plans
- Presentation skills
- Assisting and coaching each other in contract delivery
- Problem management
- Client relationships
- Resource identification
- Providing a fall-back when in difficulty
- Additional resource when overstretched
- Assistance to cover sickness
- Back up in problem situations
- Providing a social environment to relax among fellow business people
- Equivalent to the coffee machine in a corporate environment
- Chat about cares and concerns
- Support and encourage each other
We will use our combined influence to improve the facilities and services to make working from home more effective.
Members of the South Stoke Business Network are shown in the Local Directory – just select Business in the category.