Laura White, Clerk
Role: Clerk to the Parish Council & Responsible Financial Officer
- As defined in the Clerk's Job Description
- Governance of PC operations, including sub-groups and committees.
- Arrange and record Parish Council meetings - issue agendas & minutes
- Obtain legal advice and ensure that legal duties are discharged by the PC.
- Accounting for the parish
- Arrange audits of parish accounts.
- Maintain parish records and the Asset Register
- Monitor parochial charities accounts
- Administer the PC and Village notice board
- Ensure that the PC website is maintained and kept up to date
- Receive – and distribute as appropriate – incoming communications to the PC
- Write and send letters and other types of communication – as directed by the PC
- Arrange appropriate training for Councillors and Clerk
Diana Hathaway, Councillor
- Monitor Environmental Issues in the Parish.
- Coordinate contractors and volunteers to get best value in routine and exceptional maintenance duties in accordance with the maintenance strategy.
- Monitor environmental issues in the Parish.
- Liaise with landowners and tenant farmers of opens spaces and fields in the Parish and where required with the Withymeade Nature Reserve
- Budget and precept preparation and co-ordination.
- Assist the Clerk in the production of timely and accurate financial records’
- Make Recommendations on the annual PC Maintenance cost budget.
Victor Meyer, Councillor
- Maintain and if necessary review, the title and use of land owned or used in common by the Parish. (Supported by PWo)
- Manage the acquisition of the new parcels of land or rights as proposed by the PC.
- Guide and assist the Parish Council in all legal related matters
- Establish a maintenance strategy for the assets managed by the PC.
- Manage the PC's asset, insurance policies and contracts.
- Advise on compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation in respect of the PC. Monitor health and safety issues in the Parish.
Andrew Scrivener, Councillor
Tel: 07775 565572
- Review all planning applications affecting the parish and co-ordinate the Parish Council's response to South Oxfordshire District Council.
- Keep abreast of all Government and local authority legislation concerning housing development and planning issues.
- Ensure appropriate response to request for consultation, action or support from external agencies and higher government.
Phil White, Councillor
- Responsible for Parish Council action relating to:
- Police, crime prevention and neighbourhood watch
- Bus service, bus shelters and bus-stops
- Review the village plan and drive this forward for the medium and long-term benefit of the parishioners.
- Act as the PC's representative on any Neighbourhood Plan Committee or Community Right to Build within the Parish.
- Liaise with local village organisations and businesses including St Andrews PCC, and the Perch & Pike Public House in order to gain their support for Parish Council initiatives and to understand where the Parish Council can assist them.
Phil Wortley, Councillor
- Manage the interface with the South Stoke Village Hall and Recreation Ground Charity (Amenities Committee) and act as the Parish Council's representative on the committee.
- Liaise with the Primary School.
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management in respect of the workings of the PC and its sub-committees.
- Make recommendations on budget and insurance provision against risk.
- Highways, Pavements, and road safety
- Storm water drainage, ditch clearance.
- Support VM with: Maintain and if necessary review, the title and use of land owned or used in common by the Parish.
- Matters relating to The Park
Tel: 01491 871 055
- Leadership of the PC and its business.
- Governance of the PC, to ensure that it meets all legal requirements as further defined in the document Role of Chairman.
- Support an external funding strategy with the aim of augmenting the precept with external funds to help enable village projects & make recommendations on annual external income budget.
- Deliver the external funding by:
- Forging links with external funding bodies
- Advising and assisting project teams and other village organisations in canvassing for funds
- Reviewing and assisting with funding applications and fund-raising activities.
- Ensure that the PC meets all conditions required by any external funding gained.
- Produce the Parish Newsletter and support other forms of communication within the Parish.
- Assist the Clerk with the development and updating of the PC's website.
- Liaise with other local Parish Councils, ORCC, SODC, OCC and the local MP where a joint approach to common issues or help from higher authority might be beneficial.