Laura White, Clerk
Role: Clerk to the Parish Council (Legal Officer)
- As defined in the Clerk's Job Description
- Governance of PC operations, including sub-groups and committees.
- Arrange and record Parish Council meetings - issue agendas & minutes
- Obtain legal advice and ensure that legal duties are discharged by the PC.
- Accounting for the parish
- Arrange audits of parish accounts.
- Maintain parish records and the Asset Register
- Monitor parochial charities accounts
- Administer the PC and Village notice board
- Ensure that the PC website is maintained and kept up to date
- Receive – and distribute as appropriate – incoming communications to the PC
- Write and send letters and other types of communication – as directed by the PC
- Arrange appropriate training for Councillors and Clerk
Diana Hathaway, Councillor
Victor Meyer, Councillor
Andrew Scrivener, Councillor
Tel: 07775 565572
- Review all planning applications affecting the parish and co-ordinate the Parish Council's response to South Oxfordshire District Council.
- Keep abreast of all Government and local authority legislation concerning housing development
- Ensure appropriate response to request for consultation, action or support from external agencies and higher government.
Phil White, Councillor
Phil Wortley, Councillor
Bryan Urbick, Chairman & Councillor
Tel: 01491 871 055
Role: Chairman, Governance. Finance & Communication
- Leadership of the PC and its business.
- Governance of the PC, to ensure that it meets all legal requirements as further defined in the document Role of Chairman.
- Produce the Parish Newsletter and other forms of communication within the Parish.
- Budget and precept preparation and co-ordination.
- Assist the Clerk in the production of timely and accurate financial records.
- Assist the Clerk with the development and updating of the PC's website.
- Make recommendations on the annual PC maintenance cost budget.
- Produce an external funding strategy with the aim of augmenting the precept with external funds to help enable village projects.
- Make recommendations on annual external income budget
- Deliver the external funding strategy by:
- Forging links with external funding bodies
- Advising and assisting project teams and other village organisations in canvassing for funds
- Reviewing and assisting with funding applications and fund raising activities.
- Ensure that the PC meets all conditions required by any external funding gained.
- To co-ordinate the Annual Parish Meeting.
- Act as PC’s representative on the Amenities Committee.